Monday

"You know you're my lady (lady) / You drive me crazy (crazy)"



Above is a live PA of DJ NG's "Tell Me". Look at all the girls in the video down the front dancing and giving gunfingers while their boyfriends are (presumably) at home desperately searching the internet to find where they can download The Movement's new mixtape for free and threatening to violently assault people on the RWD forum. When grime nights were effectively banned in London, a lot of people turned to funky house clubs to go to and now you've got producers like NG making this pretty dark funky house stuff because of that. I've been pretty addicted to this song for the last month. I didn't really get it at first but then someone randomly played it at the last Dirty Canvas and I couldn't get it out of my head.

I heard that Mighty Crown requested a dub of this for when they played in London earlier this month. I also heard Logan goes driving round Essex listening to this every day (but don't quote me on that).
444553540000"



'Cos I'm pretty generous I'm giving away a very special gift - a black and white print of Kano (previewed above) courtesy of Ben Rayner that you can frame and hang above your bed. It's about 14 inches wide, FYI. To win just email me the name of the guy who produced "Buss It Up". Be quick. I'm sending it out tomorrow evening so you get it before Christmas.

No comments: